The X9® system is constructed out of a completely proprietary 9.5″ x 3.5″ 6061-T6 aluminum solid extrusion. 6061 is the ideal material for aluminum dock construction because it will never rust and exhibits a great ability to weld. We’ve designed and utilize several exclusive 6061-T6 extrusions to create a ultra low maintenance and ultra strong dock system with completely interlocking parts. The X9® system comes complete with all of our best features too. Heavy duty hinges with engineered plastic bushings, ultra duty anchoring systems and superior stainless steel bolting patterns with heavy flange washers all combine to make the X9® system from Alumadock far superior to even the highest residential and commercial standards.
X9® System Frame Construction
- Frame perimeter made exclusively with 9.5″ x 3.5″ proprietary channel. Heavier and stronger in twist, span and cantilever than the competitors. Designed for a fully interlocked dock system.
- Decking attaches to 2″ x 1/8″ square tubing centers. The X9® system can accommodate any center to center decking requirements, allowing for angled deck board installations of any deck material.
- All frames, anchoring and heavy duty accessories bolted through flanges with heavy duty washers using high strength stainless steel hardware. This bolting pattern moves the stress out of the web and into the flange itself, preventing the problem of web separation common with competitors’ bolting patterns.
- All corners reinforced with 5.25″ channel gussets, MIG welded completely inside and TIG welded on the exterior for a strong connection with a clean and uniform appearance. This mitered corner creates a single outside seam, eliminating the multiple seams created when using a cast or extruded corner. This helps the dock blend in better, especially on larger installations where multiple frames are the only option.
- All roof sockets are interlocked into the 9.5″ channel, creating a super strong pocket that is completely integrated into the frame, maximizing the strength of the roof and dock.
X9® System Float Attachment
- Standard through bolted connection using high quality stainless steel proprietary J bolts or through bolts.
- Stainless steel ultra duty washers, external tooth lock washers and nylon insert lock nut standard.
- J bolts allow float to be installed/removed without access to the “head” of the bolt.
- One of the only J bolts on the market, and possibly the only in stainless steel, we have the best float attachment in the industry.
X9® System Roof
- Our roof and pole system is above and beyond the industry standard. All roof poles are 4″ octagonal fluted poles and slide into structural pockets in both the dock frame and roof trusses.
- Both roof and frame pockets are structurally integrated into the main bands and trusses using heavy wall interlocking welded connections.
- Polypropylene sleeves inside the structural interlocking pockets encapsulate and isolate every pole on all sides, preventing metal on metal contact noise.
- All roof poles through bolted with stainless steel bolts and structural rivets, going above and beyond industry standards.