The Original Alumadock’s frames are constructed out of an 8″ x 2″ 6061-T6 aluminum C channel extrusion. 6061 is the ideal material for aluminum dock construction because it will never rust and exhibits a great ability to weld. We utilize several exclusive 6061-T6 extrusions to create a low maintenance and strong dock system. Over the past few years, we have incorporated several “optional” design features into standard Alumadock features. Many of the features that make up the X9 dock system were pioneered on the original Alumadock. Heavy duty hinges with engineered plastic bushings, ultra duty anchoring systems and distributed bolting patterns with heavy backing plates all combine to make the original Alumadock far superior to industry standards.
- Main channel, interior joists and gussets use 8″ channel.
- Decking attaches to 2″ x 1/8″ square tubing centers.
- Bolted through flanges and web, with heavy duty washers on flange and 3″ x 7″ x 1/4″ 6061-T6 aluminum backing plates.
- All corners reinforced with 8″ channel gussets, MIG welded completely inside and TIG welded on the exterior for a strong connection with a clean appearance.
- Standard through bolted connection using high quality stainless steel proprietary J bolts or through bolts.
- Stainless steel ultra duty washers, external tooth lock washers and nylon insert lock nut standard.
- J bolts allow float to be installed/removed without access to the “head” of the bolt.
- Original Alumadocks feature 2.7″ square stubs, welded from bottom to top of frame, and extending 6″ above frame top.
- 3″ square fluted poles slide onto studs in dock frame and roof trusses.
- All roof poles through bolted with stainless steel bolts.