The dynamic properties of moving water can create difficult scenarios when attempting to engineer a floating dock system. Varying live and dead loads can wreak havoc on an improperly designed dock. Unequal loading of the dock surface, a lack of buoyancy or simply adverse weather can cause the frame to twist and contort. In combination with our X9 frame, we systematically select and locate the dock floatation to prevent the above, even with variables outside the design criteria. All of our floats are securely attached using only high quality stainless steel through bolts or proprietary J bolts. Each fastener always includes ultra duty washers, external tooth lock washers and nylon insert lock nuts, so you never have to worry about your floats coming loose.
All Cellofoam dock floatation drums are made to exacting standards. All units are made from virgin Linear Low Density Polyethylene resin. This resin contains UV inhibitors and Carbon black to protect from deterioration caused by U.V. light. The resin offers a balance of toughness, rigidity, environmental stress crack resistance and low temperature impact performance. All floats are rotationally molded for a seamless one piece construction. The encasement is resistant to damage by animals and will not sink nor contaminate the water if punctured.All Cellofoam’s floats are filled with virgin expanded Polystyrene beads and then fused using steam. This increases the strength of the float as well as providing a back up flotation system in the unlikely event of catastrophic damage to the encasement. The flotation material used meets the higher UL94H and ASTM E84 requirement for flammability.
- Rotationally molded outer shell – no seams for durable dock floatation
- 100% Virgin Grade LLDPE and EPS
- EPS foam filled for maximum buoyancy
- Unique FLASH DOT feature for night docking
- Thick mounting flanges and slots for ease of installation
- .150 nominal wall thickness
- 203 lbs. buoyancy – 4804 lbs. buoyancy
- Industry leading 15 YEAR WARRANTY
Floatation is the foundation of any floating dock structure. Rhino dock floatation has provided the foundation for all types of floating docks from the best marinas to the smallest residential floating dock systems. All Rhino floats are expanded polystyrene foam encased in a polyethylene shell so that they are resistant to the effects of sun and water and other pollutants such as oil and fuel, and will absorb little to no water if punctured. Give your floating dock system a solid foundation with Rhino dock floatation and you’ll have a structurally sound dock system for years to come.
- Rotationally molded from virgin polyethylene
- Nominal wall thickness of .150″, and the wall thickness near the corners is .200″ +/-.
- Filled with expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam
- Only linear, virgin polyethylene resin containing UV inhibitors and carbon black pigment to protect against ultraviolet degradation.
- 12 Year Warranty